Light Fixture Installation Livermore and Pleasanton
Brightness is important for getting enjoyment out of your home. Lighting fixtures help make this happen. That may be way light fixture installation in Livermore and Pleasanton cities is one of our most popular daily services. They come in all shapes and sizes and now play a part in Bay Area home design! Do you need help installing lights for your home? Depending on what you want to do with your lights, there are 3 main different types you can install:
- Ambient lighting is a very functional form of illumination. It allows you to enjoy an area that would typically be too dark.
- It is the most common type of lighting, sometimes referred to as “natural.” Ambient light softly and evenly blankets an entire space or room. There should be no harsh glares or excess shadows, allowing your eyes to relax.
- Accent lighting is more of a decorative style of lighting. It is meant to show the importance of another object.
- It is a more concentrated or focused form of lighting that draws your attention to an object. A focused beam of light on an art piece or object is a common form of accent lighting. In other cases, the light itself can be the focal point like with Christmas lights.
- Task lighting is also a more focused form of luminosity, but it is purely functional instead of decorative. It helps you work by directing the finer light onto an object you’re trying to focus on. Task lighting is good for reading, and working on projects such as cooking, sewing, and writing to name a few.
- This type helps to stimulate the brain due to the focused bright light. It is much better than ambient light at helping you concentrate and keeping you awake, even though they are both functional forms of lighting.
Get A Free Quote
A pendant light is a light fixture that has a single light suspended from the ceiling. As it is just one light, it is common to see many of them next to each other. Pendants are modern light styles, can be highly decorative, and are very versatile. Depending on the size of the light fixture, pendant lights can be used for ambient, accent, or task lighting! Expect to see pendant lights where decoration is important. The dining room, home entrance, and living room are rooms you are most likely going to see this form of lighting.
Like pendants, chandeliers are suspended from the ceiling. Instead of it just being one light at the end of the suspension, chandeliers branch out to hold multiple lights. Often they can resemble upside down trees, but modern designs do not make this a hard fast rule. This form of lighting has been around for a very long time and is often associated as being a traditional, classy form of lighting. Chandeliers are considered elegant and can be contemporary It will most likely be situated in gathering areas, such as over the dining room table.
Flushed or Semi Flushed Lights
These types of lights are placed directly touching the ceiling or almost touching the ceiling. They are probably the most common types of lighting as they are standard and affordable. These types of lights can be located anywhere in the home. There is a good chance that you will see them in most bedrooms. Despite being standard lights, there can be a lot of varieties for those that like to be decorative.
Track lights contains multiple light fixtures attached to a long connecting structure, known as the track. Track bars to not need to be straight. Modern track lighting can be rounded to fit a room or be very decorative. Lights on the track can be pointed in a specific direction adding accent lighting to your home.
These lights are recessed into the ceiling, hence the name. To install recessed lighting, your ceiling must first have a hole in the ceiling for the light to be secured in. Each hole also needs wiring connections to allow the lights to work. The amount of planning involved to install track lights usually means you can’t just install them on a whim. Recessed lighting is very trendy today. They are usually dimmable and can make your home feel like a movie theater or museum. With this functionality, recessed lights can be both ambient, task, or accent lights.
At Top Electrician Livermore, we can give you a good opinion on what will match your home and what is trendy today. If you decide to purchase it, we can install it! Let us know what you have in mind and we’ll help brighten up your home!
Light Installation Cost
At Top Electrician Livermore, give us your lighting installation ideas and we can make them happen! Lighting installation cost can vary significantly not necessarily because of the fixture itself. Basically, the more complicated the installation, the higher the cost. Here are the aspects we consider by increasing the complexity:
- Does new wiring need to be installed? Wiring is often needed when no light originally existed. If wiring is needed, you’ll probably also need a light switch and possibly a new circuit breaker.
- Do wires need coverings? It is unsightly and dangerous to expose running wires. For houses and newer developments, it is often possible to lay the wires behind the wall or above the ceiling. There are many instances where this is not possible, like in apartments or in buildings with concrete walls. If we are unable to hide the wires, we will have to encase them in either wood molding or metal conduits. The choice is purely for design with most people preferring wood for their homes.
If wiring is needed, the more wire and coverings needed, the higher the cost. For example, does it need to go all the way to the electrical panel or sub panel? This may sound obvious, but sometimes it is not easy to gauge how far these materials need to go if you’re not an electrician. There are additional factors to consider, especially if you want recessed lights. If you want to get an accurate quote for installing your lights, give Top Electrician Livermore a call.
Why Choose Our Electricians to Install Light Fixtures in Livermore?
✔ Licensed, insured, bonded
✔ Highly skilled including to install light fixtures in Livermore and Pleasanton
✔ Residential and Commercial electricians
✔ Honest and reliable
✔ Transparent and affordable in our prices
Free Quote For a Residential and Commercial lighting in Livermore and Pleasanton
Our electricians in Livermore and Pleasanton are experts at wiring for new lighting. We do residential and commercial light fixture installation in Livermore and Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Altamont, and nearby cities. Call today for a FREE quote.